Real Estate at the Time of Covid-19 Pandemic
It was 2018 when Pakistan went into a crisis of economic destabilization because the loans taken by the previous government to run the country were yet to be returned. It was getting impossible for the government to survive so they raised taxes and strict orders against non-fillers (who don’t pay taxes). After a year and a half, these were the times when Pakistan’s economy just got a little stable and there was more to it until COVID-19 appeared in Pakistan, which apparently led us to lockdown each city and then each province.
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a contagious disease known as Corona Virus. This virus first appeared in Wuhan, China. Coronavirus transmits from one human body to another and it affects the respiratory system making it difficult for the person to breathe. This virus is declared NOVEL by WHO (World Health Organization) which means that it was never seen and encountered before.
WHO has declared this virus a pandemic as this virus is the first ever of its kind which is spreading so rapidly and is out of control? Vaccines for this virus are still not prepared by any country and it’s said it will at least take a year to create one. Till then our only option is to prevent ourselves from this. Below are a few ways to prevent yourself.
Ways to prevent yourself from COVID-19
Corona virus is contagious which is why it is difficult to get control it. A few ways to prevent from getting infected are:
- Stay Home: It’s better to stay at home in these times. We never know who is carrying the virus within him/her and avoid getting caught in a crowd.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds: It’s recommended to wash your hands very often and for at least 20 seconds.
- Use Sanitizer: Use sanitizer very often when through the day. Sanitizer is an instant bacterium-killing moisturizer.
- Wear Mask and Gloves: Don’t come out of your house without wearing a mask and gloves and try to wear them at your home as well.
- Maintain a distance of at least one meter from each other: Try to maintain a distance from everybody of at least one meter so none of you interact with each other and can avoid transmission of the virus.
- Avoid interaction of your hands with face: Avoid touching your nose, lips, eyes because if your hands might have caught the virus you will let it in your respiratory system this way. So, keep washing your hands frequently.
If you see any of the symptoms listed below then you should immediately go to the doctor and get your test done. Please do not be afraid of the tests because if you won’t do it you might end up infecting others at your home.
Corona Virus is expected to show its symptoms after 14 days of getting into a human body. It has all the same symptoms as a normal flu which is why most of the people are confusing it with seasonal flu. In most cases the symptoms for COVID-19 are:
- Dry cough
- Tiredness or Fatigue
In some cases, people also experienced:
- Shortness of breath
- Irregular aches or pain
- Sore throat
How COVID-19 has affected the Real Estate Industry
Pakistan being in a lock down state has shut down all the businesses. People are not allowed to come out of their houses instead in case of buying grocery and in emergency circumstances. This has caused agencies to shut down because no buying and selling of properties is happening. Construction work of every society has been stopped due to no labor and transportation of raw material.
It’s a nightmare for many people who don’t have much savings and for those who were on daily wages. In case of such outbreaks, we request you all to look around you for the needy and help them survive in these difficult times. May GOD bless all of us and help us all in these difficult times.